Roles and Responsibilities
▪ Hands on programming with Java/J2EE skills.
▪ Participating in production support activities like monitoring, debugging and root cause analysis.
▪ Collaborating with application development teams, product managers, release managers and infrastructure operations.
▪ Development skills considering quality, extensibility, reusability, performance, reliability and security.
▪ Excellent debugging and analysis skills in identifying the fixes for issues reported by business team/users in production.
▪ Supporting the delivered projects during warranty period.
▪ Requirements and impact analysis either for new business requirements or modifying existing application.
▪ Managing code quality in terms of code practices and design.
▪ Good unit testing skills with proper test coverage.
▪ Participating in performance tuning/improvement.
▪ Coordinating on dependencies with onsite and any other external teams
▪ Experience with Agile practices.
▪ Graduation or Post Graduation in computers or relevant field.
▪ 5+ years of experience on Java/J2EE programming.
▪ At least 3+ years of experience on production support for Java applications.
▪ Would be able to work different shifts for 24/7 production support team.
▪ Good written and verbal communications in English.
▪ Excellent debugging skills
▪ Strong problem-solving skills and collaboration skills.
▪ Experience with log scraping tools like Splunk
▪ Experience with usage of monitoring tools
▪ Experience with analyzing thread dumps and memory dumps
▪ Hands on experience on Java/J2EE programming.
▪ Good to have knowledge on Java/J2EE design patterns.
A preferred advisor to leading Fortune 500 brands, Nisum is a global business